Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Makeup Must Have: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancers

Hey Divas!

I am always in search of the best foundations and concealers for my kit and myself.  If the skin is not flawless in the shoot then flawless eyes and lips will not matter.  I truly believe you have to master creating a great looking canvas first. With the right products, tools and artists this can be achieved. Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer is one of the must have gems for your kit and yourself.

I purchased four of the Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancers(KA SSX) a few years back on a whim when Sephora decided to stop carrying the line(I guess because many consumers didn't know this product truly is a gem).  I ordered SX 13 assuming it would be the best match for my skin.  It is close but a little too red when I am not tanned.  I also purchased a SX 14, SX 15 and a second SX13 for my kit.  They ran out of the lighter shades before I could purchase them all.  At 75% off you know I tried to get them all or at least more to mix and match.

left to right( SSX 3,5,13,14 and 15)

There are a total of sixteen shades, SX 1 - SX 16.  I purchased SX 3 and SX 5 directly from Kevyn Aucoin Beauty at The Makeup Show Chicago this past June.  It was one of my first stops.  I may purchase SX 1, SX9 and SX 16, so that I can have the lightest and darkest plus a more mid color.   

I have used these on various shoots and shows and the models love the way their skin looks and feels with this product.  They mix well with other products also and can be used as concealers, foundations or tinted moisturizers.  You need to use very little to have full coverage(less than a pea size).  A little goes a long way. 

Half my face done with SX5 and SX13 mixed
SX5 & SX13 mixed

No foundation on this side

I have combination oily skin and with proper skin care and after 7-8 hours of wearing as a foundation I have not been oily and still maintain a majority of the product on my skin. As long as these remain on the market I will continue to purchase Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancers for my freelance kit and my personal kit!

Check out www.KevynAucoin.com to find out more out this and other Kevyn Aucoin products.

If you have this product or have tried it please let me know what you think. :)

XOXO
BCB    


No comments:

Post a Comment